Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ivan.ger  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 12:44:48 AM(UTC)
ivan.ger

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/20/2017(UTC)
Posts: 10

Thanks: 1 times
Hi, I have encountered strange behaviour of Activation I/O: after changing it manually decimal part disappears (watch gif). Open-close node action brings decimal part back. I suspect it may be a software problem. Maybe I am missing some C++Redistrib package on my PC?


UPD:Cycling blend mode also shows back decimal part.

Edited by user Friday, February 23, 2018 4:24:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

EmbrioAdmin  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 4:57:56 AM(UTC)
EmbrioAdmin

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 12/11/2014(UTC)
Posts: 624

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Thanks for the detailed gif.

I haven't seen this issue before. In version 1 there was once an issue with decimal places that had to do with the system language. What language is your Windows platform set to use?

It looks in the gif like not only is the decimal cut off, but when you drag the input you are getting very choppy updates, the value slider should be keeping with your mouse. Are all activation inputs dragging like that for you?

The node screen editor is implemented as HTML and javascript running in a web view. The application sends and gets back commands by running javascript. In the Advanced Options tab of the settings form there is an option "Show UI Profiler". Could you turn that on? Then in the bottom left of your node screen it will show every second how many commands were sent to and from the html page.

For a test I have an agent with just a Blend Inputs node that's opened up. I drag the input back and fourth quickly. Both the input and output activation displays keep up quite well and I get something like this in the profiler:
Profiler

Are you seeing a similar number of commands to and from?
ivan.ger  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 5:18:41 AM(UTC)
ivan.ger

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/20/2017(UTC)
Posts: 10

Thanks: 1 times

Updates were really choppy. After recording that gif I updated my videocard drivers and now updates are smooth. Pic above is taken after drivers update.

Idea to update drivers came up to me after I saw that Embrio uses videocard when running.


Maybe I should look into updating Java or something else Embrio runs on?
EmbrioAdmin  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 5:32:24 AM(UTC)
EmbrioAdmin

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 12/11/2014(UTC)
Posts: 624

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Wow good catch, I'm surprise an old video card driver would make it so choppy like that. I need to make a trouble shooing page somewhere with that info.

Are you still having the issue with the decimal place being cut off?

Embrio runs on the .net framework, so on Windows you shouldn't have to update anything else. On Mac and Linux it uses the Mono framework.

The webview control built into WPF (the windows form technology) didn't have a couple features that I needed, so the web view is using something called CefSharp. CefSharp is why you need to install the Visual Studio C++ stuff in the installer, and is why the installer is 50 megs. It's a bit bloated, and it would be nice to be able to use the built in web view control, I might look into that again to see if there's anyway around the issue I ran into before.

Thanks for letting me know that a video card update fixed your issue, I have had some reports of choppy performance before and I didn't think it could be a video card driver problem.
ivan.ger  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 5:47:29 AM(UTC)
ivan.ger

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/20/2017(UTC)
Posts: 10

Thanks: 1 times
Yep, decimals are still being cut off. I wil try some manipulations with .net Framework .
EmbrioAdmin  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 5:51:59 AM(UTC)
EmbrioAdmin

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 12/11/2014(UTC)
Posts: 624

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 33 post(s)
If you have a different language setting on Windows I suspect changing it to English would fix it. In version 1 there was an issue because some languages use a , for a decimal instead of a .

I fixed it in version 1 by forcing Embrio to use American English settings and ignore the system settings. I believe that same thing is happening in version 2, but the issue seems similar that I suspect it could be the same cause.

Edit: So when you drag an input now, does the background value color move as expected, but the displayed number stays at 0 with no decimal places?

Edited by user Friday, February 23, 2018 5:52:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ivan.ger  
#7 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 6:17:33 AM(UTC)
ivan.ger

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/20/2017(UTC)
Posts: 10

Thanks: 1 times
Setting English as default language in "Windows" solved it - you were right.
EmbrioAdmin  
#8 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 6:20:53 AM(UTC)
EmbrioAdmin

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 12/11/2014(UTC)
Posts: 624

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Thanks, good to know what the issue is. Strange that you get decimals some times and not others, I would think it would be broken or not. I'll investigate and have a fix updated soon.
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error