Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mogplus8  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2018 10:53:17 PM(UTC)
mogplus8

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/5/2018(UTC)
Posts: 17

I have found that when I have more than one line of code in a node, I cannot put more than one plus sign in the code. It disappears. Here's an example.

Code:
if (Input_Activation) > 0.5 {
    int newInt += 5;
    int anotherint += 10;
    int minusint -= 4;
}

In this example, the plus sign in the third line (anotherint += 10) disappears if I select another section to look at and then return to the section this code is in, and appears to have been replaced by two spaces.
Note that the plus sign in the first line is fine, it stays put. Also the minus sign in the fourth line is fine. In fact if I use a minus sign instead of a plus sign anywhere in the code, it's fine too! It seems the problem only occurs with the plus sign. And only with the second (and all subsequent) ones in the code.

:-( Ian
EmbrioAdmin  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2018 7:04:13 AM(UTC)
EmbrioAdmin

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 12/11/2014(UTC)
Posts: 624

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 33 post(s)
That's a weird one. I can't reproduce it on Windows, the plus sign stays if I go to a different block of code, or close and open the node. What OS are you using?

So if you put the code you posted into a node's update condition, use the drop down to go to another update condition, then go back, when you see the code again the second plus sign is gone?

What about if you close and open the node, or save the definition, delete the node, drag a new instance onto the screen and open it, is the + gone then?

mogplus8  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2018 8:40:13 PM(UTC)
mogplus8

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/5/2018(UTC)
Posts: 17

Nothing I've tried saves the plus sign. Even collapsing the node then expanding it for editing again makes is disappear. Even more bizarrely, if I highlight all the code, including the plus sign, then paste it anywhere, even into another application, i.e. a text editor, the plus sign is not in the pasted code, so it doesn't get copied in the copy apparently.

I'm on Linux Mint 18.3. I also tried Embrio under raw Debian 9 (using a live DVD) and it did the same thing. Works fine in Windows though as you said. So, something weird in the port from Windows to Linux?...

:-\ Ian
EmbrioAdmin  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 5:00:09 PM(UTC)
EmbrioAdmin

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 12/11/2014(UTC)
Posts: 624

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Sorry I didn't get an alert that you responded. I'll investigate on Linux, probably a difference in the way the two systems deal with escaping weird characters.
mogplus8  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 4:37:23 AM(UTC)
mogplus8

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/5/2018(UTC)
Posts: 17

Been away doing other things the last few months. Just tried Embrio again (under KDE Neon Linux this time, still Ubuntu bassed though) and the same problem persists.
Confused Ian
EmbrioAdmin  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 10:40:21 AM(UTC)
EmbrioAdmin

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 12/11/2014(UTC)
Posts: 624

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Thank you for the reminder, I guess this one fell through the cracks. I just added a new update to fix it, if you re-open Embrio you should see an Upgrade button in the menu.

Turns out in Javascript the string.replace() function by default only replaces the first instance of a string...
mogplus8  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 4:11:33 AM(UTC)
mogplus8

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/5/2018(UTC)
Posts: 17

Apologies, I've been busy on other stuff recently and didn't see your post.
But the new version works, it seems I can put in as many plus signs as I like now!

On a slightly different note, I upgraded my Linux Mint installation to version 19.0 (Tara), and Embrio no longer works. libwebkit-dev and libwebkit-cil-dev are no longer available, and Embrio won't start. In fact I get an error message about failing to recognise the platform. Sorry I can't be more specific, I've changed over to one of my other partitions that still has Mint 18.3. Embrio is fine on that one, and I didn't take a note of the full error message. Haven't tried it on KDE Neon yet.

;-) Ian
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error