Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WhidbeyBill  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2015 9:21:24 AM(UTC)
WhidbeyBill

Groups: Registered

Got your start-up message today. I think your concepts and processes are right on target. I thought about LabView for my project but they don't seem to have a great arduino interface yet and the Ethernet modules aren't cheap or available in the Student Version. I'll download your free Embrio version today. Thank You. Nice Job.

My project is a monitoring system using a modest network of 6 to 10 Yuns measuring operating conditions in our community well. It serves about 65 households. I might put them on PoE Ethernet and not wifi and the size of the network could be variable. Using Ethernet/WiFi to get network speed, I have some sketches done in function only for most of the measurements like flow-rate, temperature, power, pressure, etc, and I'm writing data to the SD card.

My biggest issue is making the Internet Dashboard that will display dynamic data and status and allow for refreshing a parameter upon a click. I wanted to prototype a dashboard using Excel and VBA but it's not easily converted to HTML5. Nearly all of the internet data interfaces use python and/or php/sql or require a metered subscription to something like Xively or Temboo, etc.

For now, I just wanted to post something on your forum to show where your app can reach. If Embrio will have some modules that will help me bridge the gaps in my skill set I'll buy in early and wait for the evolution to catch up with me. Since I'm a long way from a stable configuration, I am quite willing to do testing and debug.

I appreciate your groundbreaking and will be following closely.BigGrin
EmbrioAdmin  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2015 9:48:59 AM(UTC)
EmbrioAdmin

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Thanks for the support!

It sounds like a cool project. Check out the Servo example project from the Embrio home page, or the video here: http://embrio.io/learn/default.aspx?id=9. You'll have to use a custom output node to interact with things like the SD card or sending via the internet or whatever you do. At some point those functions might have built in nodes but for now you'll have to enter a little bit of Arduino code, but you can pretty much just copy and paste from the examples on the Arduino site. I'm working on improvements to the custom nodes, like being able to add more node inputs to use, as well as a new text input/output type.

I'd appreciate your feedback on what you find lacking in the software as you implement your project. Don't hesitate to post to the forum with any problems. I appreciate your willingness to be an early adopter, I'm going to be improving the software a lot in the coming months and good user feedback will be very helpful.