Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DomGiles  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2015 2:43:52 AM(UTC)
DomGiles

Groups: Registered

Embrio looks great and could make developing embedded apps certainly more fun especially given the archaic IDE that Arduino still ships. So some questions

1. ETA for a Mac version?
  2. Is there a planned library approach of modules for various devices i.e. LED displays, various devices i.e. DHT22 etc. This would go a long way to opening the platform up
  3. Can we have an example of interfacing to a device connected over something like SPI or i2c. What I'm suggesting is something like taking the temperature of a DHT22 and displaying it on a LCD/LED connected over i2c i.e.. SSD1306. This would certainly convince me this tool has legs
  4. To get people really excited I think you're going to need to connect to the internet. Showing how simple it is to send data from an embedded to the cloud would really move things along
  5. Have you looked at the spark device (wifi and microprocessor together). The marriage of these two technologies would be a welcome breath of fresh air

I don't mean to overload you with requests... I'm sure you've got a lot planned.

Great job.I'll be keeping an eye on this.
EmbrioAdmin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2015 7:11:25 AM(UTC)
EmbrioAdmin

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 33 post(s)
1. Not sure. If I can get the software to the point where people are using it and buying licenses a linux/mac version will be high on the list. First I have to prove it'll be worth the effort.
2. Working now on improving the nodes that let you write custom Arduino code. There will be a library of nodes on the web site that can be pasted into the application.
3. I like this idea. I'm looking for good example projects now which I'll implement, and add the needed features if they aren't already there. I'll add this to the list.
4. Another good suggestion that I hadn't thought much about, it'll also go on the list.
5. I'll look into it.

Thanks for the suggestions!